Wow. This blog has been around for only a year but I have been nominated for THREE awards! I will be writing about each of them over the next couple of posts. I am so incredibly grateful for being nominated for these awards! Thank you so much!!
The first award I was nominated for was the Liebster award by ShopaholicsBlog and ramblings of an optimistic cindergirl. Thank y’all so much for this!! This really made my week!! I even did a happy dance at my kitchen table.
Since I was nominated for this award I have to follow the rules. There are five rules.
- Tag the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions you are given.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers and tag them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees.
Since I was nominated twice I have 22 questions to answer. The questions from ShopaholicsBlog are:
1- What is the most difficult challenge you faced as a blogger when starting out and how did you overcome it? The most difficult challenge is making time for blogging. As you have seen from my gaps there were times when I didn’t make time or wouldn’t take time to blog for whatever reason. Now that I have made time to blog more often, I feel better about myself. Surprisingly blogging gives me a chance to focus on myself and to let loose to have fun. If I feel shy about trying something new or attempting something now I say to myself “Screw it. Just do it. It will give you something to blog about later.”
2-What 3 tips would you offer to new bloggers?
- Write often.
- Join groups on Facebook for Bloggers and ask for help. No question is stupid.
- Respond to comments on your blog in a timely manner. People appreciate it.
3- Name the one beauty and skincare product you cannot live without. My EOS chapstick. I brought about a dozen over from the states when we moved here and then bought about half a dozen when we went back in November. Today I received two more in the mail from my friend, Heather. I absolutely love them and refuse to use any other chapstick. Unfortunately, Katniss loves to steal them and play with them like balls. I think half my stash is hidden behind the couch.
4- Which product would you rate as the absolute worst purchase ever and why? Cari Ma. I have never spent so much time and money trying to save a car before.
5-Post one blog here which you found entertaining, informative or both. A blog that I have read often for many years is I Saw Your Nanny. It’s a blog about nannies, their employers, and the kids they care for. Posts are either from nannies talking about stuff going on or people calling out nannies/ parents for being great/horrible. It’s also a great place to get info on going salaries, contract dos and don’ts, and advice on how to handle situations. I’m not a nanny any more but I like to still read the posts because they are amusing.
6- Do you think blogging is better than making videos? why? For me, blogging is much better. I tried a few months ago to make videos for YouTube. After two videos I felt so self conscience and weird that I decided against from making any more. I might try it again down the road if I start feeling more confident.
7-Name your favorite fragrance. My favorite smell is anything with Lavender but my favorite perfume is Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel.
8-What 5 items are always in your handbag? Due to a series of purses literally falling apart after a few uses I am stuck using a super tiny Coach purse that barely fits my wallet and phone. It is so small I can’t even fit my keys or my EOS chapstick. I really need to invest in a decent size purse so I can carry my wallet, cell phone, chapstick, eye liner, and lipstick.
9-Which store do you usually shop at for your beauty/skincare products? In the states it was usually Ulta. Now, living out here, I’m stuck with the MCX which is VERY limited.
10-How would you define your blogging style? Ramblings put into a semi-cohesive post.
11- If you had one wish what would it be? To speak to my dad one last time.
The 11 questions from Ramblings Of An Optimistic Cindergirl are:
1. How did you come up with your blog name and how hard was it to figure it out? I wanted something that would tell the reader a brief idea of what this blog was about. It took me about an hour or two to come up with it while I was setting up the blog and writing the first post.
2. What inspires you to keep going? My readers. The comments and emails I receive keep me wanting to keep writing to share more of my life with them. I know my adventures and I know I enjoy them but when someone comments or emails me about what I wrote or to see if I’m okay because I haven’t written in a bit, it drives me to write more.
3. Whats the craziest activity you have done in the past three years? Moved to a foreign country with no idea what to expect.
4. Country or city life, and why? City life. I love all the options of things to do in bigger cities.
5. Reading or listening to music, and why? Listening to my iTunes music on shuffle right now. Just finished listening to “Thode Badmash” from Saawariya. Currently listening to “Do It Like A Dude” by Jessie J. “Lines Of My Earth” by Sixpence None The Richer is next on the playlist. My music is pretty random.
6. One thing you believed as a kid, but now think it is totally dumb of you to think of? That skipping class to avoid situations was a good idea.
7. Whats the best part about blogging? Meeting new people. I have made so many new friends either through this blog or through blogging groups on Facebook.
8. Would you chose swimming in a sea with the possiblity of a shark encounter or bungee jumping? Swimming because I know how to throw a punch if a shark attacks. I would be too worried about the line snapping that I wouldn’t be able to enjoy bungee jumping.
9. Favourite novel of all time? “Meg” by Steve Alten
10. What has been a post in your blog that took the longest to write? This one actually. By the time I sit down to write I usually know what I am going to write and what photos I want to use. This one has me jumping around a bit.
11. Advice to first time bloggers? Same as above.
2)Join groups on Facebook for Bloggers and ask for help. No question is stupid.
3)Respond to comments on your blog in a timely manner. People appreciate it.
Now I need to nominate 11 new bloggers. I nominate:
- Michelle L.
- The Ancient Eavesdropper
- Dracul Van Helsing
- Teaching Math Culture
- A Word Of Substance
- Fill Your Own Glass
- Dina Farmer
- Herding Chickens
- Steve Rose
- The History Tourist
- Alysha Kaye
My 11 questions for my nominees are:
- What made you want to start blogging?
- What songs take you back to your childhood/ being a teenager?
- What is the worst book you have ever read?
- What advice do you have for new bloggers?
- What pets own you?
- What is you favorite time of day?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- If you could choose a person or a place to haunt, who/ where would you choose to haunt?
- How do you take your coffee or tea?
- What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
- What is the first memory you remember?
Now all I have left to do is let the nominees know that they have been nominated!!
I hope you all know how much I appreciate being nominated for this. Thank you again.